My Week in Pictures
Another busy week here in Bangs world, nice and varied where I got to do most of my favourite things. Check out the picture descriptions below to see what I got up to.
1. Last Saturday, me and a whole bunch of the crew I run with on Tuesdays (Run Dem Crew) ran the Movember Mo Running 10K in Greenwich Park. I’ve been having a really hard time with running since my marathon in San Francisco a few weeks back so I really wasn’t looking forward to this race. But once I was there, the crew spirit took over. My running family totally lifted my spirits, made me laugh and helped me remember why I love running. I had a great day. However, Greenwich Park – what the hell is up with those hills?!
2. On Tuesday night I was asked to live tweet from the official opening of the Aloft hotel next to the Excel centre in East London. It was a great event with all sorts of cool stuff going on. Great music, art, free runners – it was all happening. This pic is of a DJ collective called Urban Knights. These guys put on one of the best things I’ve ever seen or heard. It was a real audio/visual experience – incredible DJ set, mixed with video, hard to explain but all I can say is, the next party I have, I want them there.
3. Finally upgraded my iPhone 3G to the shiny and new 4Gs.
4. Yesterday, I went to the Wolford showroom. I have a great working relationship with Wolford. I love their product, they love my blog, so every now and then, I’ll pop up to their showroom, they’ll show me what’s new and give me a few bits to try out. Yesterday I saw the SS12 stuff and my word, it has taken my hosiery porn obsession to a whole new level.
5. On Wednesday I had a meeting and while looking for something to wear I came across these tights that I’d forgotten about. I honestly can’t even remember where I got these but they’re definite faves.
6. On Tuesday I went to The Blow Bar in Angel. No cuts, no colours, just blow drys, the lovely gals here will style your hair for you. It’s great if you just need a classic blow dry but they also do a number of styles you can choose from. They’ve just launched a few new styles and the one pictured that I had done is one of them. I could never do my hair like this myself so it’s great to go somewhere like this and be taken care of.
7. This is one of the corridors in the new Aloft hotel. The hotel is tres swanky. Really nice clean design and I really like the use of colour. It’s understated and cool.